Thursday, February 16, 2012

Happy Birthday to the best Mommy in the World!


Today is my moms birthday. It is hard to be so far away from your family - especially on days like these when you know that there will be a family celebration with the people you love and you can't be there.

Birthdays are always celebrated with Kaffee Kuchen (coffee and cake) either at my parent's house or at Oma's (grandma's). Too bad I am sooooo far away.

My mom is great. She is beautiful, smart, kind and very crafty. She shares my love for crafts, she can do anything - really! She can sew, knit, paint anything you can think of she can do! She is a successful Stampin' Up! demonstrator in Germany. You can check out her crafts here.

My mom - always stylish







I wanted to send her something from the heart and of course hand-crafted! Since the Canadian postal rates are ridiculous I opted for something not too heavy to send AND of course something with chocolate!








I used one sheet of designer paper to make a diaper fold envelope. It is really easy to make and you can put whatever you like inside of it. I also made a matching card with a folded flower detail. I will  post a tutorial for the diaper fold as well as the flower soon.

Me and my mom


Happy Birthday to the best mom EVER! 
I love you so much.
I miss you!

Love, 
Karoline

1 comment:

  1. Liebe Tochter,
    eine sehr schöne und rührende Geburtstagsüberraschung.
    Ja... man sieht, wie schnell die Zeit vergeht. Ein Fräulein, eine junge Mutter und jetzt schon eine Großmutter. Zum Glück eins ist unverändert geblieben, der Kopf voll toller Ideen ;)))
    Danke, LG Mama

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...